Saturday, March 21, 2015

Fifty Third

I will never again let those little stings go by unremarked.  I will recognize them the instant they slither out of your mouth and I will pounce on them and bite their heads off and turn them back around.

You are clever enough that I will have to be subtle, perhaps I will pause, as if considering your words, looking puzzled and ask “Are you concerned about the contents of my purse?”  

Or just “ that’s an interesting thing to ask”.  

Oh, oh, I know. I will look at you, take a slow breath and say “You seem to have strong feelings about this.” 

That’s a really subtle way of calling you an ass. 


Perfect!

2 comments:

  1. I may steal that turn of phrase. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many Thanks for the shared this informative and interesting post with me.
    Slither 2020 | Copter io 2020| Yohoho 2020

    ReplyDelete