Monday, March 17, 2014

Thirty Eighth

Isn't it awful what we get used to?  Walking around in a shroud of pain that we can't believe that everyone cannot see?  Going through life with a hole blown in our hearts and wondering how everything and everyone else seems so normal?  I know some of you know what i mean, i have heard it from you.

This is not me right now, not right now, but i see my Sil in this place.  It is a lonely place.  So lonely.  She will be losing her husband.  She sees it coming, which i did not.  And if/when he dies, will it be any easier knowing that someone did love her?  I don't know.

Pain is not a competition, But it is alone.

4 comments:

  1. I am here. You are right. You can have people to witness the pain. People to say, I am here. But pain is definitely alone. Sometimes it stays constant, and later, when it subsides, it still comes and goes. It's a wry bastard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pain eases, eventually, life goes on. That's the hardest part about death and life I suppose, is that it just goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pain is intimate. It communicates to the sufferer in a unique language that remains largely indecipherable to onlookers. But what do onlookers REALLY know?

    ReplyDelete